Each year I publish a list of the top 10 self-help books I have found most helpful in the previous year. Many books stand the test of time, whilst others prove to be less enduring. This year there is just one new entry - Manage your Mood, which tells you how to use the principles of behavioural activation to help be less depressed. Here is the full list
1 The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Stephen Covey (last year- 1)
2. Man's Search for Meaning Viktor Frankl (2)
3. Overcoming Low Self-Esteem Melanie Fennell (3)
4. The How of Happiness Sonja Lyubomirsky (4)
5. The Conquest of Happiness Bertrand Russell (6)
6. Manage your Mood David Veale and Rob Willson (-)
7. The 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work John M. Gottman & Nan Silver (8)
8. The Happiness Trap Russ Harris (8)
9. How to Win Friends and Influence People Dale Carnegie (7)
10. Positivity Barbara Fredrickson (10)
I will be writing articles to help you get more out of these books.
Here is my first article, on Bertrand Russell's Conquest of Happiness.