For those in London, tickets are fast running out for Stoicon London on the last Saturday of September at Senate House in Central London (near Tottenham Court Rd/Bloomsbury).
It's under £30 for a day's event including refreshments and a buffet lunch, remarkably good value if you are at all interested.
The full programme for Stoicon 2018 can be found at http://modernstoicism.com/stoicon2018
Registration will open at 10.00, with talks beginning at 10.30. The event finishes at 5.00.
The registration fee includes tea/coffee and a buffet lunch.
We are pleased to announce that our keynote speaker will be:
- Professor A. A. Long, without doubt the leading scholar of Stoicism in the English-speaking world during the last fifty years
Other speakers include:
- Professor Catharine Edwards, Roman historian and noted expert of Seneca
- Antonia Macaro, author of More than Happiness: Buddhist and Stoic Wisdom for a Sceptical Age
- Kai Whiting, who works on Stoicism and sustainability, and has written for the Stoicism Today blog
- Dr Liz Gloyn, Classicist and author of a recent book on Seneca, The Ethics of the Family in Seneca
- Professor William Stephens, author of books on Epictetus and Marcus Aurelius, and contributor to the Stoicism Today blog
- Dr Piotr Stankiewicz, from the University of Warsaw and a member of the Modern Stoicism team
- Dan Lampert, organizer of The Orlando Stoics, Florida
There will also be a series of practical workshops (of which people will be able to attend two):
- Donald Robertson – ‘Marcus Aurelius: How to Think Like a Roman Emperor’
- Tim LeBon – ‘How Seneca Can Help you Manage Anger and Frustration’
- Greg Sadler and Andi Sciacca – ‘The Stoic Heart: Stoicism and Partnered Relationships’
- Greg Lopez – ‘The Proper Application of Preconceptions: Curing ‘the Cause of All Human Ills’.’
- Walter Matweychuk – ‘Stoic Rationality in an Irrational World’
- Chris Gill and Gabriele Galluzo – ‘Happiness, Stoic and Aristotelian’
University of London
Date: Saturday Sept 29th
Time: 1000am - 500pm
Hope to see you there!